第2单元 The Blind Date(ACT1)
Excuse me. Can you help me? Sure. What do you want? Where is 83 Wooster Street? That’s easy.
打扰一下。你能帮我吗?当然。你想要什么?83号伍斯特街在哪里?那很容易。
Walk to the corner, then make a left turn, then walk two blocks to the traffic light,
走到拐角,然后左转,再走两个街区到红绿灯处,
make another left to Wooster. Thank you. To the corner and then a left. Yeah, a left. Hot dog?
再左转到伍斯特。谢谢。到拐角然后左转。对,左转。热狗吗?
Only 75 cents? No. Thank you. I have a dinner date. 5, 5, 5, 9, 4, 7, no.
只要75美分?不了,谢谢。我有晚餐约会。5,5,5,9,4,7,不行。
And that’s busy. Yeah. Try again. 5, 5, 5, 9, 4, 7, no.
占线。嗯。再试一次。5,5,5,9,4,7,不行。
And it’s still busy. Excuse me, ma’am. I’m walking for 83 Wooster Street.
还是占线。打扰一下,女士。我在找83号伍斯特街。
Yes. Wooster Street is two blocks and 83 is to the right.
是的。伍斯特街走两个街区,83号在右边。
Um, I’m about two houses. Thank you. Thank you. You’re welcome. Is this Susan? Yes, it is.
嗯,大约再走两栋房子。谢谢。谢谢。不客气。是苏珊吗?是的。
Come up. I’m on the top floor. Hello, Harry. It’s nice to meet you. Nice to meet you, Susan.
上来吧。我在顶层。你好,哈里。很高兴见到你。很高兴见到你,苏珊。
Sorry I’m late. The traffic, the parking, I was lost.
抱歉我迟到了。交通、停车,我迷路了。
What pretty flowers. Thank you. Oh, please come in. Don’t worry about being late. It’s fine.
多漂亮的花啊。谢谢。哦,请进。别担心迟到。没关系。
Excuse the mess. I just moved here. Oh, I’d like you to meet my sister-in-law, Marilyn.
请原谅这里的凌乱。我刚搬来。哦,我想让你见见我嫂子,玛丽莲。
Marilyn Stewart, this is Harry Bennett. Nice to meet you. Nice to meet you, Harry.
玛丽莲·斯图尔特,这是哈里·贝内特。很高兴认识你。很高兴认识你,哈里。
Are we too late for our dinner reservation? No, the restaurant will hold our table.
我们晚餐预订太晚了吗?不会的,餐厅会保留我们的桌子。
I know the owner very well. I eat there a lot. Do you know the phone number of the restaurant?
我和老板很熟。我常在那里吃。你知道餐厅的电话号码吗?
I’d like to call home and leave the number with the babysitter. Sure. The number is
我想打电话回家,把号码留给保姆。当然。号码是
5, 5, 5, 17, 20. Name’s the phone. 5, 5, 5, 1, 7, 2, 0. Mm-hmm.
5,5,5,17,20。电话是。5,5,5,1,7,2,0。嗯哼。
Hello. Hi, Michelle. It’s Daddy. Can I speak to Betty?
喂。嗨,米歇尔。是爸爸。能让贝蒂接电话吗?
I want to leave the phone number of the restaurant.
我想留下餐厅的电话号码。
Hi, Betty. I’ll be at 5, 5, 5, 17, 20. Okay, thanks. See you later. Well, that’s done. Shall we go?
嗨,贝蒂。我这里的号码是5,5,5,17,20。好的,谢谢。回头见。好了,搞定了。我们走吧?
I’m ready. See you later, Marilyn. Have a nice evening.
我准备好了。回头见,玛丽莲。祝你晚上愉快。
Bye, Marilyn. Hope to see you again. Me too. Have fun. Thanks.
再见,玛丽莲。希望能再见到你。我也是。玩得开心。谢谢。
After you.
您先请。